Monday, December 24, 2012

26 Acts of Kindness

I was going to originally have this blog dedicated to my art, but I think for the moment, that may come at a later date.

For the present day and time, I feel like I need to focus on myself, in the way of how I can interact with the world around me to make it a better place. I have always been one to go out of my way and be kind to people- that absurdly weird girl who gets terribly offended when people are rude to one another. However, I feel that sometimes that has now gone unnoticed as it is just my assumed personality. I want my own personality and loves to be more than something that only I live with...

I want it to be a philosophy for everyone to follow, becoming a regular habit. Kindness shouldn't be some special opportunity; it should be one's way of LIFE.

So, I take it upon myself, with all of these recent tragedies, to take on the 26 acts of kindness. I wouldn't  call it a challenge, for kindness should be something that should be so habitual for us.

Thus, I encourage you to practice this habit, for as Rachel (first victim of the Columbine shooting) preached, "kindness is a chain reaction". Let's create a community where people take care of one another, stranger or friend. Let's make it so anyone can take a moment to help someone out and listen to them in times of trouble.

It's not about me, but how I can start a chain reaction and "BE THE CHANGE [I] WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD."

1 comment:

  1. ...This is so weird. Look what I posted on my Facebook the other day, also note the date.

    December 24 at 2:12pm ·

    Disclaimer: None of this is meant to insult.

    I was presented with some interesting ideas as of late, and I would like to share.

    The first, was that when we die we all go to heaven. No matter your religion, race, or what you have done. We all go to heaven. And that there is no hell after death. The hell that exists is just the one we create on earth through our sins. We steal, cheat, lie, let greed or lust take a hold over us and we hurt others for ourselves. And that, instead of focusing on us for our own selfish desire to go to heaven, we should focus on those who have been hurt by sins. We should focus on removing the hell on earth that we as a society, as a nation, as a world, have helped create.
    I may not believe in heaven or hell, but I do believe in good deeds. And I know that everyone has their own problems to deal with and putting the weight of the world on your shoulders is too much. So I don't ask you to spend your life helping others, but the least you could do is help those around you. Be good to your friends, help them when they need it. Help your family, and if you can bear the burden, help a stranger. Donate a few dollars, volunteer once or twice a year.
    The world may not help you. But that doesn't mean you can't help someone else. I may not have always had the words to express this before, but I have tried to live like this for a while. And I'd like to think I've been a help to my friends, and I have been donating a bit of every paycheck I get to a charity for the past 4 years now. Not a lot, but sometimes a little is enough.

    Another idea that came up was that... people don't care what you can do. They don't care if you can be nice, if you can be generous, if you can be smart. They want to see it. It's not about what you /can/ do. It's about what you /have/ done. So don't keep putting your goals off, because you are the only one who can make them come true. If you want to be seen as a good person, do good things. If you want to be seen as a successful person, do what needs to be done to get there.

    Anyways, that is what has been on my mind today. Merry xmas all.

    ReplyDelete