Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Worst Timing

In relation to events that have been going on recently, I want to bring you back to a few months ago. I was in a relationship with a really spectacular guy, but it ended after six months because of issues of not having time for one another. In which, I am still super bummed, because he is a really great guy, but in retrospect, too, he does not have his act together. Money expenditures are ridiculous and there is no method to his madness.

Anyways, I have been having creepy guy issues lately (as you can read from a prior post), and it just reminded me of the worst possible timing that my life revolves around. Seriously, my life is the most impeccable, awkward life you'll ever know—like, why does this stuff happen to me? This is the low down of what happened with the guy I liked:

Things were ending and he really wanted his guitar back and complaining about it. In which, I can totally understand, but it's the fact that he owed me $100. So it should be a fair trade. Though not wanting to deal with him whining anymore, I showed up to his house and knocked on the door. Of course, I can hear him having band practice. Roommate answers, and I continue downstairs. Awkward moment #1: I have to go downstairs, open his door interrupting practice, see all his band members/friends, and be like, "hi, just the ex returning the guitar. No big deal."

That happens, but low and behold, #2: I walk in and get the "KADIE! It's so nice to see you!" from all the band members, and this blank stare from my ex. So, I put the guitar down and go upstairs, leaving. But just as I'm heading out the door, I get the hand on my shoulder from my ex.

We are now on the front porch, but door open. We try to meagerly talk, but it's super trying and difficult. Feelings are all over the place and it was a hard resolution to realize. So thus, #3: his roommate is watching the Lion King, and "Hakuna Matata" starts playing. "Have no worries for the rest of your days" haha! Yeah, my ex is the worry. It was so awkward, that I couldn't help but chuckle a bit. Out of embarrassment, I went straight for #4, and just got in my car and drove away.

The reality show of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment